Bringing your back foot up after you hit the tennis ball puts you in position to recover back to the middle of the tennis court. The key, as we explain in this video, is to get your body facing the net after you hit (similar to the ready position). This will let you side shuffle back to the middle of the tennis court.
Fuzzy Yellow Balls is a high quality resource of tennis tutorial videos. Fuzzy Yellow Balls' tennis lessons teach you how to play the game in a new way that combines technical analysis, visual learning, and step-by-step progressions. Fuzzy Yellow Balls provides video tennis lessons in Grips, Forehand, Backhand, Serve, Return of Serve, Footwork, Net Play and Transitional Play. For more tennis tutorials from FYB, search Fuzzy Yellow Balls on WonderHowTo.
This video falls under tennis footwork.
Footwork is arguable the most important part of the game. Moving to the ball and recovering after each shot correctly is absolutely critical — great forehand or backhand technique means nothing if you can't get to the ball. Great footwork is a skill shared by all of the top pros on tour.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades